Click above to learn about the Keepsake Companions hospice program.
We Provide Comfort & Care
For those with a terminal illness that does not respond to cure-oriented treatment, we team up with medical organizations and professionals to be hospice caregivers in Greater San Diego, CA. This program focuses on palliative care. The theory is to treat the person, not the incurable disease. The aim is to enhance the person’s comfort and improve the quality of their remaining days, months, or even years left on Earth.
It Takes A Village
Our hospice caregivers in Greater San Diego, CA, put together a care plan that is specific to the needs of the individual. No two lives are the same, so we believe no two treatment plans should be the same, and this strengthens the care we can provide. Our staff helps to implement that plan, under the guidance of the appropriate healthcare professional.
Here are some of the major responsibilities that guide their plan:
- Manage the pain.
- Manage the symptoms.
- Train and coach family members on how to care for their loved one.
- Provide therapies. (Speech therapy, etc.)
- Provide medications and medical supplies.
- Provide equipment.
- Assist with the psychosocial, emotional and spiritual aspects of dying.
- Provide bereavement counseling to the survivors.