We Provide Comfort & Care
For those with a terminal illness we team up with medical organizations and professionals on the hospice care team. This program focuses on "palliative" care. The theory is to treat the person, not the incurable disease. We aim to enhance the person’s comfort and improve the quality of their remaining days; with a personal approach.
For The Senior & Their Family Members
It Takes A Village
The hospice team puts together a care plan that is specific to the needs of the person. Our staff helps to implement that plan, under the guidance of the appropriate healthcare professional.
Here are some of the major responsibilities that guide their plan:
- Manage the pain.
- Manage the symptoms.
- Train and coach family members on how to care for their loved one.
- Provide therapies. (Speech therapy, etc.)
- Provide medications and medical supplies.
- Provide equipment.
- Assist with the psychosocial, emotional and spiritual aspects of dying.
- Provide bereavement counseling to the survivors.