Kristen Chazaud - Owner
Listen to Kristen talk about the needs of the elderly and her passion for providing senior care.
"Really listening and suspending one's own judgment is necessary in order to understand other people on their own terms... This is a process that requires trust and builds trust."
Mary Field Belenky
Kristen is an admirer and student of the senior generation. She is moved by the grace with which this accomplished group handles aging. She chats with them and listens intently. She hears their requests to live at home, where they feel most comfortable. Her personal mission is to help them safely do so.
Over the years, Kristen has garnered a wide range of experience working with seniors who lived independently, those who needed assisted or memory care, and those who required skilled nursing.
- Began working with the senior population as a Dining Services Director.
- Worked for non-profit and for-profit senior communities in the areas of marketing, food service, and operations.
- Opened Keepsake Choices, a consulting, placement, and referral company, born out of Kristen’s desire to share her knowledge in a way that would help every client find the proper care to fit their needs and desires.
The success of Keepsake Choices allowed Kristen (and her husband Henri) to branch out into new senior services. Keepsake Companions offers personal and specialized in home care, while allowing Kristen to expand her ability to help seniors and their families.
Henri Chazaud - Owner
Listen to Henri discuss his respect for his elders and why he is driven to provide great care for seniors.
"The first step in the evolution of ethics is a sense of solidarity with other human beings."
Henri knows the importance of personalized planning for senior care. With almost three decades of experience, he has worked in all facets of the senior care industry. His direct work with seniors gives him a thorough understanding of the aging process, and the emotional and physical challenges the elderly face. His calm demeanor, old world ethics and genuine desire to assist seniors builds client confidence and trust. His organization and management skills guide our staff.
In addition, Henri is responsible for our designing of culinary program and teaching our companions how to prepare tasty meals that seniors enjoy. The man can cook!!!
- Graduate of the prestigious Culinary Institute of America.
- Worked in fine dining establishments in New York, such as Maximes, Oceana, La Cote Basque and Le Pavillon.
- Developed and oversaw a food program for the National Science Foundation that helped nourish over 1,500 people in Antarctica with four meals a day.
- Gained valuable experience in developing tasty meals to accommodate those with diets limited by illnesses and disabilities when he was responsible for food services at Memorial Medical Center in New Mexico.
Henri's experience also covers the spectrum of assisted living operations. In addition to positions in Monterey and Los Angeles, he was Director of Hospitality Services at The White Sands of La Jolla where he oversaw housekeeping, dining services, maintenance, in-house construction, laundry services and security.